*On 2/4/15, Besthesda announced a release date of May 13th for DOOM. I think it's safe to assume that Doom won't be showcased this year.* - Posted 2/8/15
GameInformer has managed to snag some pretty nice exclusives with this DOOM. When you look past the hype and read between the lines, there are a few interesting details available from them. What we know so far is that the new DOOM visually feels like the classic we know and love... It's just been turned up to 20.
What We Know:
- Classic single-player DOOM
- There will be at least the following weapons: pistol, chainsaw, chain gun, super shotgun, combat shotgun, plasma rifle, heavy assault rifle, rocket launcher, and of course the BFG9000
- Weapons are upgradable via items drops in the campaign
- Multiplayer is available through the "Arena"
- SnapMap feature allows users to create custom maps quickly and easily.
- DOOM will be the headliner of the showcase (first presentation)
- Bethesda and idSoft will specifically showcase multiplayer and SnapMap
- Weapons will be upgradable in multiplayer via item drops from enemies
- SnapMap will allow for multiplayer and single player maps
- SnapMap may allow for demons to be placed in multiplayer games
- More weapons will shown
- (Out on a limb guess featured below. Keep reading)
First shown during Bethesda's E3 2015 showcase. This next chapter of the Dishonored series will return to the Empire of the Isles. Arkane Studios (dev) has promised to continue the sandbox mechanics, and the graphics appear to be highly polished. The game was originally set to be released in Spring of 2016 and now pushed back to December 30, 2016 (after being reported for a 2017 launch in November 2015).
What We Know:
- Sandboxing mechanics will be present just like the first dishonored.
- There are two characters to play as now (Corvo Attano & Emily Kaldwin)
- Dishonored 2 will be the second presentation
- The world will be more open world (think GTA but probably smaller)
- The release delay is two fold. One, game was not released on time because online/ multiplayer was added. Two, release date was changed from 2017 to 12/30/16 to allow the game to be available for a 2016 Game of The Year award.
New Skyrim: This is a total shot in the dark, but it's been since 2011 since Skyrim was released. I think we're do for another.
New Wolfenstein: I'm making this guess only because there has been a Wolfenstein title every year since 2014. It seems to me that both "Old Blood" and "New Order" have done fairly well for themselves. It may just be that Bethesda has decided that Wolfenstein is popular enough and profitable enough to make it a cheap cornerstone title that always keeps then relevant and is a constant source of revenue. Remember that "out on a limb guess" I mentioned before.... Here is goes... I'd speculate that if there is a Wolfenstein announcement, there will be an offer for beta access to the next DOOM title.
What do you think? Am I right? Am I wrong? Let me know what you think on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or in the comment section below. Thanks again for stopping by. I really appreciate your support. As a side note, I am working on a few ways to get more content out, and in different media forms. Stay tuned for more details.